You will have noticed to the right of your screen, I now have the Bloguin Olympic penguin up and a list new posts on the Olympic Hockey Blog. Check out the site for all of your bloggy Olympic Hockey needs, it is ridiculously good and really will only get better.
For your Canucks fix, the player profile written by yours truly is up and can be found here, complete with suggestions on how to reduce the injury potential for delicate Finn.
Previous Olympic Canuck posts:no comments
First up Alexandre Bolduc v. John Scott
Hordichuk and Glass's fight is after the jump...no comments
Wow, the Canucks sucked. Luongo had started the last 17 games straight, maybe 18 was too much? It all started with the weird 1 game road trip in the schedule...
Please enjoy as I recap in pictures, c'mon it will be fuuuun....
So last night I was at the game, and I had intentions of coming home an writing a fantastic recap....yeah, not so much, but you get some game thoughts instead.
First of all, 7:30 starts to games blow. I can't remember what I did back in the day when Vancouver games started at 7:30, oh right, I was a student so the half hour difference really didn't matter to me then, but they do now. I still can't figure out why both Nashville games in Vancouver started at 7:30 instead of the regular 7pm start...but they did and it sucked.
Here are my game thoughts
- My section last night was awesome. It was like a Saturday night in GM Place, but on a Monday
- There was a forward line in front of me. Literally. The 5 people who sat in front of me had the following jerseys all in a row: Kesler, H. Sedin, D. Sedin, Wellwood, Burrows. That was awesomesauce. So was the Rypien jersey two rows in front.
- The woman to my right, kept yelling shoot every time any player was skating towards the net. It really didn't matter if they were 10 or 20 feet away, this lady wanted to tell them to shoot. Lady: they can't hear you, and you say it times they really shouldn't shoot
- Drunk guy to my left....you are not fun, no, really, you weren't
- The police took some people out of my section
- Ugly sweater night was a FAIL. No one dressed up
- I have never been to a game where the game was so badly reffed
- The replays of the penalties were not shown for some of the calls in GM Place, or they were shown a minute into the powerplay
- Chanting "refs suck!" probably doesn't help with the refs being on your team's side, I'm pretty sure whoever is on the ice already advises them of their displeasure at a call
- Love the green men, their upside down feet flailing thing may have made my night
- Shea Weber, I may have hated that shot of yours last night...but damn I'll like it at the Olympics
After Burrows accused Stephane Auger of threatening Burr with revenge on him because of an incident from a previous game, Burrows has been fined $2500. Puck Daddy has been told by someone they know in the league that they consider the "matter closed".
It will be interesting to see how this affects the Canucks in the future, and what other refs think of either the team or of Auger. Will Auger get to ref games in the post season? Maybe that will be a better indication of how the league feels about him. Did I enjoy to read/watch what Burrows said? Definitely, I loved how he spoke his mind. Though, perhaps Burrows should have addressed this with the league behind closed doors, I can't imagine that the league is pleased with him at the moment.
You know the Olympics are getting closer, in fact, it's only 1 month away. Do you feel the city starting to get into it?
You see it right as you get off a plane at YVR, you know all those ads in there at the airport.
You read it on the bus. Instead of saying 99 B-line, or Go Canucks Go, they now also say Countdown to Gold
You see it in the parking restrictions. Ah yes, those.
The Coke ads in the Granville skytrain platform has taught me how to say Open Happiness in french, which is 'ouvre du bonheur' fyi.
And how every single business seems to have sold itself off to somehow promo the Olympics.
All this hype in our city will only increase exponentially in the new few weeks....
But really, if you read this blog, you know the Olympics really only come down to one thing: Olympic Hockey.
So, as if I do not have enough to do writing two hockey blogs, I am contributing to the Olympic Hockey Blog. Do check it out for anything Olympic Hockey, if you are only interested in Canuck related things, I've already written a piece about our German blueliner, Christian Ehrhoff and what he brings to Team Germany.
Thoughts on last nights game that I went to against Nashville and the Burrows accusation to follow later today.no comments
The Canucks are currently 1st place in the NW Division and look to hold on to that lead with a game against the Flames tonight. It's on HNIC!
Remember what happened last time these two teams played? There was a crazy red line goal, Kipprusoff was pulled and Mason Raymond got a hat trick!
Tonight, Lukowich will be in for Aaron Rome, who is out because of this:
You gotta feel bad for the guy. There WAS a lot of blood. Then you ask yourself: Where were those hits when Pyatt was on our team?
Life goes on, good things come out of bad events, like with Rome out, Lukowich is in! This will be Lukowich's first regular season game as a Canuck. In addition, even though Sami Salo took part in the game day skate, he will not play. Instead 21 year old Evan Oberg will be in for Sami Salo.no comments