21 March 2012
After missing most of the 1st period rushing home from work, about five minutes into the 2nd period I came to the conclusion that I was ok with a loss tonight. Amid all the fracas in between whistles I was ok with all the penalties takes in the 2nd period, well except for that Henrik hooking one in the neutral zone, because sometimes during the season you just need a night like this. For a little pushback for 20 minutes, I'll take the loss. We've had a lot of losses lately, one more is no big deal. When you come to that conclusion so early on in the game the game becomes enjoyable to watch (aside from the Duncan Keith elbow on Daniel Sedin that I only saw the replays of) with all it's intensity and chirping between every whistle.
Thoughts on tonight
- Best game I have seen Luongo play in a while
- Best game I have seen Mason Raymond play in a while
- Why did it take Zach Kassian so long to become involved in all the pushing and gloves in face stuff? He eventually got a 10 minute misconduct and 2 minute roughing minor but I kept wondering why Bieksa was the one going after Keith and not Kassian
- Is my questioning of Kassian coming from seeing that Cody Hodgson scored two goals tonight. Yeah, that might have something to do with it
- That sell-job by Luongo in the third was terrrrriiiibbblllle
- Malhotra was scratched tonight but in every article written about him in The Province, do we have to spend a paragraph going through the backstory on his eye injury? If you live in Vancouver and are reading an article about the Canucks, doesn't everyone know he has had an eye injury by now?
- Earlier today the Canucks announced that they signed goalie Joe Cannata to a two year entry level deal. He was a sixth round draft pick of the Canucks in the 2009 draft who just finished up his four years with Merrimack College. He'll be coming to Vancouver to watch some Canucks games before joining the Chicago wolves on their roadtrip when they take on Abbotsford. Expect him to be playing for the Chicago Wolves next year
- Getting a point tonight in the overtime loss the Canucks are now 5 points back on St. Louis
- We play the third place, and Pacific Division leader, the Dallas Stars tomorrow night
- I really hope that Daniel Sedin will be ok