03 January 2010
Just a few things to kick off the year:
- According to the Winnipeg Free Press, Schneider will report to the Manitoba Moose today. He hasn't played for in a minor-league team in over 20 years but if he doesn't report to the Moose, he won't be paid his salary from the Canucks. This will push the Moose's maximum veteran player # over the max (which is 5) by 1, so we'll see what will happened in a few days with that (Baumgartner is our for another week with an injury, so no initial impact yet)
- Lukowich has cleared waiver's and will be the Canucks' 7th defenseman while Bieksa is out with injury
- Jordan Schroeder (Canucks 2009 draft pick) with 26 points and counting is now Team USA's all-time points leader in the WJHC (now ahead of Jeremy Roenick)
- It's ugly sweater night next Monday at GM Place when the Canucks take on Nashville
- The two teams (Philly and St. Louis) which fired their coach, both did so after losing to the Canucks
- CBJ has only won 1 in the last 10 games (1-6-3) and they play the Canucks tomorrow. Just sayin'.
And for an adorable story about our Kesler in The Province about when his mom called him to congratulate him about making Team USA, here's the quote:
“My mom called me in tears,” said the Livonia, Mich., native. “Her first words were, 'I can't believe I have a son as an Olympian.' She was pretty choked up and very proud of me. It's obviously very special for her and my dad [Mike] and I get kind of choked up thinking about it, too.”
It's going to be hard to hate Kesler when he plays for Team USA....