13 January 2010
So last night I was at the game, and I had intentions of coming home an writing a fantastic recap....yeah, not so much, but you get some game thoughts instead.
First of all, 7:30 starts to games blow. I can't remember what I did back in the day when Vancouver games started at 7:30, oh right, I was a student so the half hour difference really didn't matter to me then, but they do now. I still can't figure out why both Nashville games in Vancouver started at 7:30 instead of the regular 7pm start...but they did and it sucked.
Here are my game thoughts
- My section last night was awesome. It was like a Saturday night in GM Place, but on a Monday
- There was a forward line in front of me. Literally. The 5 people who sat in front of me had the following jerseys all in a row: Kesler, H. Sedin, D. Sedin, Wellwood, Burrows. That was awesomesauce. So was the Rypien jersey two rows in front.
- The woman to my right, kept yelling shoot every time any player was skating towards the net. It really didn't matter if they were 10 or 20 feet away, this lady wanted to tell them to shoot. Lady: they can't hear you, and you say it times they really shouldn't shoot
- Drunk guy to my left....you are not fun, no, really, you weren't
- The police took some people out of my section
- Ugly sweater night was a FAIL. No one dressed up
- I have never been to a game where the game was so badly reffed
- The replays of the penalties were not shown for some of the calls in GM Place, or they were shown a minute into the powerplay
- Chanting "refs suck!" probably doesn't help with the refs being on your team's side, I'm pretty sure whoever is on the ice already advises them of their displeasure at a call
- Love the green men, their upside down feet flailing thing may have made my night
- Shea Weber, I may have hated that shot of yours last night...but damn I'll like it at the Olympics
After Burrows accused Stephane Auger of threatening Burr with revenge on him because of an incident from a previous game, Burrows has been fined $2500. Puck Daddy has been told by someone they know in the league that they consider the "matter closed".
It will be interesting to see how this affects the Canucks in the future, and what other refs think of either the team or of Auger. Will Auger get to ref games in the post season? Maybe that will be a better indication of how the league feels about him. Did I enjoy to read/watch what Burrows said? Definitely, I loved how he spoke his mind. Though, perhaps Burrows should have addressed this with the league behind closed doors, I can't imagine that the league is pleased with him at the moment.
|< Prev||Next >|