27 December 2009
The Canucks left last night to Calgary after beating the Oilers 4-1 for Calgary for their 5pm PPV game tonight. Ryan Johnson did not leave with the Canucks, so he will not be playing tonight. The lineup should be the same as last night with Luongo back in goal.
- Sweden has released its provisional Olympic roster for Team Sweden and as expected Henrik and Daniel Sedin were named to the roster
- Alex Edler, Mikael Samuelsson was not named to the roster. Alex Edler is not surprising, since he has not played a good season, and with the injuries to the blue line, Sweden may still include him as a late addition. Samuelsson on the other hand was a bit of a surprise as being left out, as he was on the 2006 squad, but then again though he has had a good October has had a lackluster November and December.
- For the first time in what seems like forever, the Canucks have finally won over a team that they should have beat, a 15th place team in the West
- Last night on CBC they were saying that Schneider hasn't been playing because he doesn't feel that he has gotten enough ice time. Seriously? What did he expect? He's old and a little slow. I feel he should have been getting less time than he has received, and that he should only be playing on the powerplay. We'll have to see how this plays out, but now that we have a healthy blue line, perhaps an early retirement?
- And if you have wondered where the green men game from, check out ESPN for the story
|< Prev||Next >|